2. James Henry KETLEY  (Samuel1) was born in 1812 and died in 1870 in Mulgrave Melbourne Colony of Victoria at age 58.
James married Millicent Amelia WILKINSON  [MRIN: 8019].
The child from this marriage was:
+ 8 F i. Alice Sarah KITLEY  was born about 1842 and died in 1918 in Springvale Melbourne VIC Australia about age 76.
5. Hannah KETLEY  (Samuel1) was born in Aveley Essex England, was christened 06 Jun 1819 in Aveley Essex England, and died 22 May 1878 in Carlton Melbourne Colony of Victoria at age 58.
General Notes: SEARCH NOTES:
June 17, 1988. ... Details of the Christening of Hannah Ketley, were found in the I.G.I. at the Mormon Library, Greenwich. It appears Hannah was Christened at Braintree, in Essex. This was the only record of the Christening of a Hannah Ketley, although there were several Marriages recorded. None, however, appear to refer to the same Hannah. From the date of her Christening, it is possible and probable that this Hannah is Matilda Sivley's Mother.
As of January 2004, this has proved to be incorrect. Hannah was baptised at Aveley, not Braintree.
1. Await receipt of Marriage Certificate of Charles Howard and Matilda, ordered by Colin Ulph; and wait for New Edition of I.G.I. due at Greenwich in about 3-4 weeks.
This was not received, as the Charles Howard Spouse proved not to be Matilda Sivley.
2. Follow up any leads that develop from the above 3. Search Boyd's Marriage Index for Essex for any Sivley of Ketley Marriages. Boyd's Exist for most Parishes in Essex. H.U.SMITH, June 18, 1988.
4. Matilda's Birth Cert., rec'd., 27/9/88, show her Mother's Maiden Name as being Kirtley. However Hannah was obviously unable to write, or presumably spell, so this may be incorrect. Search Sth. Ockenden Census for 1841 for Sibleys, Sivleys, Ketleys or Kirtleys. H.U.SMITH. ... September 27, 1988. ...
In an email in January 2004, Laurette [Davey] MacWhirter advised that she had located a Baptism of Hannah Ketley, on June 6, 1819, at Aveley, Essex.
Laurette also advised that the 1861 Census for Romford [RG 9/1068 f. 111 p 18 Market Place] showed:-
Hannah Davey Head Widow 41 years
Matilda Davey Dau 16 years - Gl. Servant
John Davey Son 14 years - Ag. Labourer
William Son 2 years
It appears that at this time, the Family was going under the Name of Davey, Hannah's second Husband, John Davey having apparently died prior to the 1861 Census.
Noted events in her life were:
• Emigration: 08 Feb 1864, Liverpool, on the "Tudor" to Melbourne, Colony of Victoria.
Hannah married George SIBLEY  [MRIN: 2312], son of James SIBLEY  and Mary BIRD , 23 Aug 1840 in South Ockenden Essex England. George was born about 1811 and died 26 Apr 1846 about age 35.
General Notes: According to the Birth Cert. of his Daughter, Matilda [SiVley], the Family Name was SiBley; and George, in 1845 was an Agricultural Labourer, living in South Ockenden, Greys, Essex. ... H.U.SMITH. ... Sep. 27, 1988. ...
For Locations, See Shell Road Atlas, P22, D3.
From Information supplied by Laurette [Davey] MacWhirter, in January 2004:-
The 1841 Census at South Ockenden [HO 107/324]
George Sibley 30 Ag.Labourer
Hannah Sibley 20
Samuel Ketley 55 Ag.Labourer - Father of Hannah Sibley
Samuel Sibley 15 Brother of Hannah Sibley
Children from this marriage were:
+ 9 F i. Emma SIBLEY  was christened 18 Jun 1843 in South Ockenden Essex England and died 07 Oct 1930 in Hawthorn Melbourne VIC Australia at age 87.
+ 10 F ii. Matilda SIBLEY  was born 30 Jan 1845 in Sth.Ockenden Greys Orsett Essex England, was christened 02 Mar 1845 in South Ockenden Essex England, died 01 Jan 1920 in Alfred St Fortitude Valley Q'land Australia at age 74, and was buried 02 Jan 1920 in Toowong Cemetery Brisbane Q'land Australia.
+ 11 M iii. John SIBLEY  was born about 1847 in South Ockenden Essex England and was christened 30 Oct 1847 in South Ockenden Essex England.
Hannah next married John DAVEY  [MRIN: 8432], son of John DAVEY  and Unknown, 06 Jan 1849. John died in Apr 1859 and was buried 22 Apr 1859 in Gt.Burstead Essex England.
The child from this marriage was:
12 M i. James [William] DAVEY  was born about 1859 and died 28 Apr 1861 in Romford Essex England about age 2.
Hannah married William BRISCOE  [MRIN: 8438] 25 Feb 1867 in St.John's Latrobe Street Melbourne Colony of Victoria.